Form a Chapter
Why form a Chapter?
- Identify with being part of a larger organization - ATOS
- Have ASCAP fees paid by ATOS for Chapter-sponsored public concerts
- Be part of a larger non-profit organization in trying to get local non-profit status
- Sponsor youth in the Young Theatre Organist Competition
- Be one of the 75+ Chapters worldwide
- Be assigned a Chapter Liaison person to help with questions and/or problems
- Host ATOS Conventions both Annual and/or Regional (potentially yielding generous profits)
- Have a formalized structure for the presentation of local theatre organ events
- Provide a social environment for local Chapter Meetings
- Have a newsletter not only for Chapter Members, but for distribution to others
- Have Chapter activities (newsletters) filed in the ATOS Archives/Library
- Potential income from Chapter dues and other donations
- Be eligible for Endowment Fund grants available for Chapter owned and/or maintained instruments
- Scholarships to Chapter music students
- Technical Consultation Fund grants for organ maintenance/improvement
- Publication of activities in the Journal’s “Chapter News”
- Be recognized in the roll call of Chapters at the Annual Convention Banquet
How can I form a Chapter?
- ATOS members wishing to form a Chapter should send an initial request to the Chairperson of the Chapter Relations Committee.
- Review the Procedures for the Formation of an ATOS Chapter document.
- Review the Uniform Chapter Charter Agreement (see attached document below).